This week brings the midwest a plethora of incredible musicians, as we hunker down in the cold weather for the annual Folk Alliance International Conference. One of our all-time favs – Brooklyn-based indie-folk trio Bandits on The Run – will be making an appearance at this year’s fest, a fact that only gets better when you realize they’ve partnered with a local company for a very unique and fun experience.
This Friday, February 3rd, Bandits on The Run will be playing an intimate show inside the Effing Candle Co. storefront on Main. The experience is brought to us by One in a Million Media, and entry is donation-based. Some quick details to keep in mind:
- Set starts at 5 p.m.
- Beverages are provided by our friends at 4 Hands Brewing Co and 1220 Spirits. Must be 21+ to enjoy
- Street parking is available on 37th Street east or west of Main Street or on Walnut Street
- Max capacity is 25 guests, so arrive early
- Effing Candle Co. will stay open until 6:30 p.m.
- Entry fee: one item for our Period Packing Party, which can be tampons, pads, or liners. All items MUST be individually-wrapped. If you do not bring an item, you can make an on-the-spot donation with cash or via Venmo
- Space is limited to the first 25 attendees. Our shop is very small, so plan to arrive early
Donations will be accepted at the storefront even if you cannot make the show. Providing period products to those who need them is an important cause, and one of many that Effing Candle Co. continually supports.
- upcoming releases, sentimentality, and a keen eye may make 2024 the year of keli price - February 7, 2024
- they travel at night release inspired genre-bending release entropy - February 5, 2024
- matthew squires releases audible gem wrapped in satire, “poor men southeast of portland” - February 2, 2024